Frequently Asked Questions
What is militarypumps.com?
Militarypumps.com is a site run by 1 Natural Way that is dedicated to helping military families get a breast pump - and other maternity wellness products - through TRICARE insurance. We’ve helped thousands and thousands of military moms, and we found that having a special site for TRICARE beneficiaries allows us to provide a bit more detail about your benefits and what you can expect by using us as your breast pump provider.
Why use militarypumps.com/1 Natural Way to get my breast pump? Can’t I do it on my own?
Let us do the heavy lifting!
We’ll do all the legwork and the paperwork for you:
- Verify your specific coverage based on your TRICARE plan
- Give you a choice of the best breast pumps (we wouldn’t offer them if we didn’t trust them) and answer any questions you have so that you get the right pump for you.
- Work with your health care provider to obtain a prescription
- Ship your breast pump for free - usually within a week
- File your breast pump claim with TRICARE
We offer an easy process and support every step of the way.
Yes, you could do all of this on your own, but since you have a lot of things to do to get ready for baby, we’re happy to do it for you if you let us!
TRICARE INSURANCE COVERAGE
Am I eligible for a double electric breast pump through TRICARE?
TRICARE states that “all TRICARE-eligible female beneficiaries with a birth event” are eligible to receive a breast pump. TRICARE defines “a birth event” as a pregnant beneficiary or a female beneficiary who legally adopts an infant and intends to personally breastfeed. You can get a breast pump before or after delivery.
This coverage applies to any TRICARE plan (TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Standard, TRICARE Reserve Select, etc.) or sponsor status (active duty, retired, Guard/Reserve).
What TRICARE plans do you accept
We work with the following TRICARE health plans:
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
- TRICARE Select
- TRICARE Select Overseas
- TRICARE Reserve Select
- TRICARE Retired Reserve
We accept these plans from moms who are with TRICARE East and TRICARE West.
I am covered by TRICARE and another insurance plan. Can I still get a breast pump through TRICARE?
If you are covered by another health insurance plan in addition to TRICARE, TRICARE requires you to obtain a breast pump through your other insurance plan. In the event that you are not eligible for a breast pump through that plan, TRICARE may provide coverage for a breast pump as long as you provide the required documentation. In these cases, we recommend that you contact TRICARE to discuss coverage requirements.
Am I eligible for any other maternity wellness benefits in addition to the breast pump?
Yes! Most TRICARE beneficiaries are also eligible for:
- Breast pump/breastfeeding supplies (monthly Resupply Program)
- Maternity Compression Stockings (2 pair)
- Pregnancy Support Band
1 Natural Way can verify coverage of these products and provide them for you. You may also be eligible for additional benefits that 1 Natural Way does not supply.
HOW IT WORKS
What’s the process? How do I get my breast pump?
We understand that military families face unique challenges. That’s why we are committed to helping you get your breast pump as easily as possible. Here is what happens:
- Fill out our qualification form. The information you provide will allow us to verify your TRICARE coverage for a breast pump and other benefits, as well as work with your health care provider to obtain any necessary prescriptions.
- Select your breast pump. We offer Spectra, Medela, Elvie, Willow, Freemie, Ameda, Lansinoh, Motif, Ardo and Dr. Brown’s brands.
- Send us your prescription from a TRICARE-authorized doctor, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or nurse midwife. If you don’t have a prescription, we can work with you and your health care provider to get one.
- We will ship your pump free of charge to your front door. And, yes! We do ship to APO/FPO addresses.
When can I order my breast pump?
You can order your breast pump at any time during your pregnancy (or after delivery).
However, TRICARE policy states that you must be 27 weeks or more into your pregnancy before your breast pump can be shipped.
If you order with us before you are 27 weeks, we will simply hold your shipment and release it as soon as you hit 27 weeks (we track it for you).
Do I need a prescription?
Yes. TRICARE requires you to have a prescription for your breast pump in order to process your claim. TRICARE policy also requires:
- Your prescription must be from a TRICARE-authorized doctor, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or nurse midwife.
- Your prescription must show if you’re getting a basic manual or standard electric pump. To get a hospital-grade pump, you need to work with your provider and your regional contractor to get a referral and authorization.
- Your prescription does not have to specify a brand or model of breast pump.
We suggest you make a copy of your prescription for your records.
1 Natural Way will ensure that your prescription has the necessary information and we are happy to assist you with obtaining a prescription for your pump.
How soon will I get my breast pump?
Most moms receive their breast pump within a week of ordering it. It may be longer, however, if there are problems confirming your eligibility with TRICARE or if we are unable to obtain a prescription for your breast pump in a timely manner. We will notify you if any such issues arise.
With most orders, your breast pump will ship as soon as we receive your prescription. We ship all orders with free standard ground shipping (3 to 7 business days). You will receive a tracking number via email within 24 hours of your order leaving our warehouse.
PLEASE NOTE: TRICARE policy states that you must be 27 weeks or more into your pregnancy before your breast pump can be shipped. If you order with us before you are 27 weeks, we will simply hold your shipment and release it as soon as you hit 27 weeks (we track it for you).
How can I check the status of my order?
You will receive a tracking number via email within 24 hours of your order leaving our warehouse. You may also contact us at (888) 977-2229. 1 Natural Way responds to all inquiries as quickly as possible during business hours M-F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm EST.
Which brands of breast pumps does 1 Natural Way offer?
1 Natural Way carries Ameda, Ardo, Elvie, Freemie, Lansinoh, Medela, Motif, Spectra, and Willow breast pumps.
What if my breast pump is defective?
You will need to contact the manufacturer's customer service directly. Their customer service department will work with you to troubleshoot any issues you are having with your pump or any parts that are deemed defective.
- Ameda: (866) 992-6332
- Ardo: (415) 504-1754
- Dr. Brown's: (833) 224-7675
- Elvie: (929) 239-3212
- Freemie: (916) 339-7388
- Lansinoh: (800) 292-4794
- Medela: (800) 435-8316
- Motif: (844) 272-8390
- Spectra: (855) 446-6622
- Willow: (888) 945-5693
What if I receive a damaged breast pump accessory in my pump kit?
Please contact us at (888) 977-2229 | M-F 8:30am-5:00pm EST or by email at email@example.com. If you contact us via email, please attach a picture of the damaged item to your email.
Do I need to get a prescription from my doctor before placing my order?
No, you don't need to have the prescription before you order your breast pump. TRICARE does require a prescription to be submitted with your paperwork for reimbursement. Your prescription can be obtained after you order your breast pump.
What do I do if my address changes after I place my order?
Please email your Breastpump Specialist or give us a call at 844-867-9890 so that we can update your address for shipment.