Frequently Asked Questions
All TRICARE-eligible female beneficiaries with a birth event. A birth event includes a pregnant beneficiary or a female beneficiary who legally adopts an infant and intends to personally breastfeed. You can get a breast pump before or after delivery.
It doesn’t matter what TRICARE plan you use (TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Standard, TRICARE Reserve Select, etc.) or your sponsor’s status (active duty, retired, Guard/Reserve).
At militarypumps.com we make the process very easy for our military moms. To receive your breast pump follow the simple steps below.
- Fill our our qualification form, so that we can verify your coverage.
- Select your breast pump. We offer Ameda, Ardo, Elvie, Freemie, Lansinoh, Medela, Motif, Spectra, and Willow brands.
- Obtain a prescription from a TRICARE-authorized doctor, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or nurse midwife. We can assist with obtaining a prescription.
- Your pump will ship right to your front door. We do ship to APO/FPO addresses.
Yes, TRICARE requires you to have a prescription, in order to process your breast pump claim.
- Your prescription must be from a TRICARE-authorized doctor, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or nurse midwife.
- Your prescription must show if you’re getting a basic manual or standard electric pump. To get a hospital-grade pump, you need to work with your provider and your regional contractor to get a referral and authorization.
- Your prescription doesn’t have to specify a brand.
- We suggest you make a copy of your prescription for your records.
Yes. Most Tricare members are eligible for breastfeeding supplies and some members are eligible for maternity compression stockings and postpartum recovery garments.
1 Natural Way carries Ameda, Ardo, Elvie, Freemie, Lansinoh, Medela, Motif, Spectra, and Willow breast pumps.
Due to hygienic reasons, breastpumps and breastpump supplies are non-returnable once the manufacturer's seal on the box is broken.
You will need to contact the manufacturer's customer service directly. Their customer service department will work with you to troubleshoot any issues you are having with your pump or any parts that are deemed defective.
- Ameda: (866) 992-6332
- Ardo: (415) 504-1754
- Elvie: (508) 300-9989
- Freemie: (916) 339-7388
- Lansinoh: (800) 292-4794
- Medela: (800) 435-8316
- Motif: (844) 272-8390
- Spectra: (855) 446-6622
- Willow: (888) 945-5693
Please contact us at (888) 977-2229 | M-F 8:30am-5:00pm EST or by email at email@example.com. If you contact us via email, please attach a picture of the damaged item to your email.
No, you don't need to have the prescription before you order your breast pump. TRICARE does require a prescription to be submitted with your paperwork for reimbursement. Your prescription can be obtained after you order your breast pump.
We will email you a tracking number so that you can track your breast pump right to your front door. You may also contact us at 1 (888) 977-2229. 1 Natural Way responds to all inquiries as quickly as possible during business hours M-F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm EST.